FAA FCU News
We are invested in our community and the financial education of our members. Please see below for more information
Credit Unions Safety & Soundness Talking Points - March 14th, 2023
Credit union deposits are safe
The collapse of Silicon Valley Bank last week is the second largest failure of a financial institution in U.S. history. The bank was shut down and put under the control of the FDIC following a 48-hour bank run and capital crisis. On March 12, regulators also shut down Signature Bank.
While this situation does not include any credit union failure, we would like to reassure our members about the safety and soundness of credit union deposits, remind you of the credit union difference as member-owned financial cooperatives and provide some peace of mind during uncertainty.
Here are some points to help address any questions or concerns you may have:
- As a credit union member at FAA Federal Credit Union, you are an owner of our not-for-profit financial cooperative. Credit unions’ first priority is your financial success, and we focus on financial security.
- FAA Federal Credit Union was chartered 69 years ago, and we are committed to serving our community. You can be assured that your money is safe and sound at our credit union. We have an experienced team to serve you and answer any questions or concerns.
- Credit union deposits in federally insured credit unions are safe and secure.
- Federally insured credit unions offer a safe place for credit union members to save money. These deposits are protected by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund and insured up to at least $250,000 per individual depositor – the same as any other federally insured financial institution.
- Credit union members have never lost a penny of insured savings at a federally insured credit union.
- You can visit MyCreditUnion.gov for more information about the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund coverage for consumers.
Please visit our website at www.faafcu.org, or call your local branch with any questions. Again, your money is safe and secure at our credit union, and protected up to $250,000 per individual depositor.
In addition to our credit union-specific resources, you can find more information about the credit union difference on the Credit Union National Association’s Advancing Communities website at advancingcommunity.com.
Learn with us!
Visit our YouTube page for educational talks on financial and credit union topics that matter to you.Visit Our Youtube Page